More About Us
Polegate Pre-School is a registered charity run by the community for the community since 1964.
We strive to work together with parents to provide the best possible pre-school experience for their child.
The Pre-School's aims are:
For each child:
- To provide a safe, supportive and stimulating environment that enables every child to make good progress and no child gets left behind.
- To provide a secure foundation through play, offering learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each individual child and are assessed and reviewed regularly.
- To provide equal opportunities for each child and access the support of outside agencies where appropriate with parental consent.
- To ensure the smooth transition from Pre-School to Primary School.
For the parent/carer:
- To provide a welcoming environment.
- To encourage meaningful partnerships between parents/carers and Pre-School staff.
- To involve parents actively in the education of their child.
Meet the Team
Our Pre-School has a solid core of permanent paid staff members (practitioners) that all have an enhanced DBS check .
We are committed to staff development and encourage all staff to update and increase their knowledge.
Most of our staff are qualified First Aiders and renew their certificates every three years. They also access regular child protection training. we have a fully trained SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability).
Level 3 S.E.N.D and Safeguarding
Level 3 Health and Safety
Level 3 Cooking and Nutrition
Level 3 Trainee
Level 2 Food Safety
Level 1 Trainee
Level Bank Staff
The Pre-school is managed by a Committee made up of parents and carers. The Committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting held every October. Everyone is welcome at the AGM and anyone wishing to join the Committee would be warmly welcomed.
Without people willing to join the committee the Pre-School would not be able to run so if you can spare 2 hours every month to attend meetings and are willing to help raise funds please consider joining. Fundraising is an important part of the committees work as this helps to keep fees low and places accessible to all.