More About Us
Polegate Pre-School is a registered charity run by the community for the community since 1964.
We strive to work together with parents to provide the best possible pre-school experience for their child.
For each child we look after, we aim to provide a safe, supportive and stimulating environment. This is essential to ensure that each child makes good progress and has a smooth transistion from pre-school to primary school.
We offer learning and development opportunities which are planned around the needs and interests of each individual in order to provide a secure foundation through play. Each child needs are assessed and reviewed regularly.
With parental consent we can access support and guidance from outside agencies to provide equal opportunitues for every child. It is our firm belief that no child should be left behind.
However, it is not just the children that we aim to look after - you as the parent or guardian are equally important.
We aim to provide a welcoming environment for everyone so that we can develope meaningful partnerships between parents/carers and our staff. Involving parents in the education of their child is extremely beneficial for both parent and child.
Due to the onset of the Covid-19 Pandemic, it has been necessary in order to safeguard our children and staff to implement the following new guidelines:
- Families will be issued with staggered times for collection and pick up. Social distancing is to be adhered to at all times
- Families should limit drop off and pick up to 1 adult per family
- Only children who are symptom free or have completed the required isolation period may attend the setting
- Only parents who are symptom free and or have completed the required isolation periods will be able to drop off and collect their child.
- On arrival at the preschool, it is reasonable to ask if parents, children or any member of the household have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, persistent cough). If the answer is yes, they should not be allowed to leave their child at the settings, The child cannot return until a negative test result has been confirmed and agreed return with the preschool or current isolation guidelines followed
- Children will enter the setting and staff will take them to wash hands, thoroughly on arrival, when changing rooms inside/outside, before eating and after using the toilet.
- Children will be encouraged to avoid touching their face, eyes, nose and mouth where possible
- No toys, teddies, blankets (or similar) to be brought from home. Children's belongings are to be purely essential and minimal and to be brought in a plastic carrier bag so that it can be sanitised.
- We will consider allowing parents to enter the preschool for the purpose of settling in sessions if not doing so would cause a child distress. All measures should be taken to minimise contact between parent and other children and staff members and the parent should wear a mask where possible.
- any child who has been told to shield or who is clinically vulnerable or live in a household with someone who has been advised to shield or is clinically vulnerable should not attend
- any child who has taken any form of paracetamol or ibuprofen will not be allowed to attend for 48 Hrs after symptoms have passed
- any child who displays signs of a cold will not be allowed in preschool until 48 Hrs after symptoms have ended and a negative test result. Or will have to adhere to self-isolation guidelines
Meet the Team
Our Pre-School has a solid core of permanent paid staff members (practitioners) that all have an enhanced DBS check .
We are committed to staff development and encourage all staff to update and increase their knowledge.
Most of our staff are qualified First Aiders and renew their certificates every three years. They also access regular child protection training. we have a fully trained SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability).
Level 3 S.E.N.D and Safeguarding
Level 3 Health and Safety
Level 3 Trainee
The Pre-School is managed by a Committee of parents and carers with the aim of making the Pre-School the best it can be. We also have a lot of fun!
Anyone is welcome to join the Committee so if you have a couple of hours free each month to attend a meeting, are willing to help out with fundraising events, or have any ideas on how to make the Pre-School even better, then our Committee would love to hear from you!
Fundraising is vitally important to us so that we can provide new equipment and help keep fees as low as possible.
Without a Committee the Pre-School would simply not be able to run so please get in touch!